Saturday 20 February 2010

Upcoming Releases


My realisation that I have a long way to go as a blogger hit home at Spoon on Tuesday. The large, checked-of-shirt and horn-rimmed-of-glasses man next to me dutifully wrote down the setlist on a crumpled piece of paper, no doubt well-worn from the countless gigs he had attended during the course of the week. He took photos, probably evaluated the performance critically.

I stood and watched and particularly enjoyed the song with the lyric "egg and soldiers".

This does provide the enticing possibility of a "reality blog" of sorts, a la "Pop Star to Opera Star", "Faking It", etc. Through my posts you will witness the evolution of a fully fledged blog hipster, as I replace my current clothing with retro wear, ironic eyepieces, skinny jeans and innumerable checked flannel shirts. A 21st century Bildungsroman.

More to the point: three new releases which I think may well cause some excitement in certain spheres:

Joanna Newsom: Have one on Me (Drag City, 1/03/2010). '81
Titus Andronicus: The Monitor (Merok, 8/03/2010). A Pot in Which to Piss
The Besnard Lakes: Are the Roaring Night (8/03/2010). Like the Ocean, Like the Innocent pt.1: The Innocent

No comments: