Tuesday 20 April 2010

Popped

Having not made any moves to even begin to follow up on my lazy claim that I would listen to pop music, I thought I should probably start. And then I was struck that the question I was really asking was, is blogging really worth it? Is a Twin Sister demo cassette A-side download really a better investment of time then the latest Kings of Leon album (although I suspect most of us can have a stab at the answer)?

Wind back to last week, at an Ellie Goulding gig. She is pop, I thought. I like her. You know, she does really good songs like 'Black and Gold' or 'The Wolves'. Skip to the end and her penultimate song of a distinctly average set is a distinctly average 'Roscoe'. The common theme, of course, is that none of the above are Ellie Goulding. So, maybe, just maybe, I might pack in the whole pop idea and go back to just listening to blog-hype hot air releases. Or I could just go out and see the sun.

Midlake : Roscoe

No comments: