Thursday 15 July 2010

Music on the Sea Mixtape 1 - 2010 so far...

So Chris and I decided to make a mixtape each - the two sides of Music on the Sea. Creative tension. Juxtaposition.

Sitting down to think through the tracks from 2010 to include, I have to admit I struggled. I had thought it had been a strong year for music so far, but possibly more in terms of whole records than individual tracks. Proof perhaps that the predicted "demise of the album" served as equal parts harbinger and call to arms.

1. Dom - I wonder
2. Best Coast - Boyfriend
3. Titus Andronicus - Richard II
4. Japandroids - Darkness on the Edge of Gastown
5. Wolf Parade - Cloud Shadow on the Mountain
6. Joanna Newsom - Kingfisher
7. ceo - White Magic
8. Boris - Seasons (via Mediafire)
9. Beach Fossils - Sometimes
10. Wild Nothing - Chinatown

No comments: